Broadcast on Thursday 21st May. Our studio guest was Symone Salwan, co-chair of Sevenoaks Area Dementia Friendly Communities and co-chair of West Kent Dementia Action Alliance.
Symone Salwan: Director, Home Instead Senior Care – email@example.com | 01732 759 854 | www.homeinstead.co.uk | @HomeInstead_TW
Useful links & contacts from show #4:
Tracey Schneider: Project Leader, Kent County Council – DementiaWKent@outlook.com | 07730 750 906 | Dementia Friends Tonbridge
– Arthritis Support Kent – arthritissupport.weebly.com
– Dementia Friends – www.dementiafriends.org.uk | @DementiaFriends
– Alzheimer’s Society – www.alzheimers.org.uk | @alzheimerssoc
Five things you should know about dementia:
- it’s not a natural part of growing old
- it’s caused by diseases of the brain. The most common of these is Alzheimer’s
- it’s not just about losing your memory – it can affect thinking, communicating and doing every day tasks
- it’s possible to live well with it
- there’s more to a person than the dementia.
With support, people with dementia can and do take an active role in life.